The average age of Navy SEAL gives you the inspiration to do more. Evidently, the United States Navy SEALs are the toughest special operations force in the world.
The age of a soldier is especially a major aspect of the military. The United States Navy SEAL also has an age limit or requirement.
Here, we are going to know the average age of a Navy SEAL, max-age to be a Navy SEAL, the oldest Navy SEAL, and everything regarding the Navy SEAL age limit.
The average age of Navy SEALs is 30 to 36 years old because most people join the United States Navy between 19 to 25 years old and retire just right after 60 years old.
In previous years, soldiers joined Navy SEALs at a much early age, which is why the average age of Navy SEALs was less than 35 years old.
Each year, the average age of Navy SEALs number changes, although the Navy SEAL age requirement remains the same.
Passing the BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) required the ultimate physical strength, which 30-year-old or younger soldiers take advantage of.
Related: Average Navy SEAL Height
With several requirements to become a Navy SEAL, you also need to be qualified by age.
As of 2023, you must be at least 19 years of age to join the United States Navy SEAL. At the age of 17, you can enlist as a Navy SEAL with parental permission.
The Navy SEAL age limit is 19 to 28 years old as of the current year. Below or over this age limitation, nobody will submit an application to the U.S. Navy.
Knowing the Navy SEAL age limit is necessary before starting to think about the military career.
See Also: Top Navy SEAL Motivational Speakers
The maximum or max-age to become a Navy SEAL is 28 years old. Nobody aged above 28 will be approved in the United States Navy.
Often, many people ask whether over 30 years old can be a Navy SEAL or not; the simple answer is no; the Navy SEAL age limit is a maximum of 28 years old.
The origins of the United States Navy SEAL began on January 1, 1962, under John F. Kennedy’s presidency. So, as you can imagine, many former Navy SEALs died long ago.
Here are some oldest Navy SEALs:
Thomas Rolland Norris
- Thomas R. Norris is the oldest Navy SEAL who is 78 years old now. He received the Medal of Honor for this heroism.
- He was born on January 14, 1944, in Jacksonville, Florida, United States.
- Thomas Rolland Norris served in the Vietnam War as a Navy SEAL.
- William McMichael Shepherd was born on July 26, 1949, in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. As of today, he is 73 years old.
- William Shepherd is a former Navy SEAL and NASA astronaut who served over twelve years in the military from 1972 to 1984.
- He was captain of the Navy SEAL Team Two. He also served with Navy SEAL Team One.
Eric Thor Olson
- Eric Thor Olson was the admiral of the United States Navy. He is a retired Navy SEAL who enlisted in 1973.
- Admiral Eric Thor Olson was born on January 24, 1952, and he is now 70 years old.
- Eric Thor Olson served almost frothy years in the Navy.
Albert M. Calland III
- Albert Melrose Calland III is now 70 years old and retired as Navy SEAL vice admiral in 1974.
- He received Bronze Star Medal, Defense Superior Service Medal, and Navy Distinguished Service Medal awards.
William Harry McRaven
- William Harry McRaven is another old Navy SEAL who was born on November 6, 1955, in Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States.
- He was an admiral and served from 1977 to 2014 in the military. William Harry McRaven is also a famous Navy SEAL who is the author of The New York Times Best Seller books.
Related Too: Best Navy SEAL TV Shows
No, if you are 34 years old, you cannot become a Navy SEAL. To become a United States Navy SEAL, you must be below 28 years old.
The age of 34 is too late to become a Navy SEAL. Like other United States Armed Forces, Navy SEALs have age limitations.
Related: African American Navy SEALs
The age of 30 is a little late to be a Navy SEAL because to apply at the United States Navy, you must be under 28 years old.
So, if you are 30 years old, you won’t be able to become a Navy SEAL according to the 2023 Navy SEAL requirements.
Yes, you cannot be the United States Navy SEAL at the age of 33. You can only be enlisted in the Navy SEAL if you are below 28 years old.
Again if you are 33 years old, then it’s too late to be a Navy SEAL because the Navy SEAL physical taste is so rigorous that it requires special physical strength.
The average age of Navy SEALs is between 30 to 36 years old. But, depending on each year of recruiting, the average age of Navy SEALs can be different every year.
To become a United States Navy SEAL, you must be 19 years old and under 28 years old.
If you are 34, 33, or over 30 years old, then it’s too late for you to become a Navy SEAL. So, prepare yourself as a Navy SEAL before it’s too late because there is an age limitation.
Jeffrey Rogers has served in the United States Army for 18 years. Jeffrey served on overseas combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Jeffrey Rogers was born in Norfolk, Virginia. He graduated in Information technology from George Mason University. Now, Jeffrey is the content head of Frommilitarybases.com.